TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Hundreds of people gathered in Tupelo for a leadership summit featuring world-class speakers.
The Community Development Foundation hosted "Ignite," a one-day leadership conference for more than 700 people from across the state.
Speakers included Netflix star Brittany Wagner; body language and communication guru Justin Patton; New York Times bestselling author Greg McKeown; and talent strategist and CEO of Integreat Leadership Randy Gravitt.
"For leaders, sometimes we forget to take care of ourselves first," Gravitt said. "We try to always help everybody else sometimes and we don't have the energy, passion and the things we need to be able to lean strength to the people around us."
Gravitt added that he challenges every leader to make sure they start by taking care of themselves.
- World-class speakers discuss leadership at summit in Tupelo
- Weather spotter class set for Tupelo
- City leaders discuss public transit system in Tupelo
- Tupelo city leaders discuss Leisure and Recreation Ordinance
- Tupelo Airport to discuss strategic planning with local businesses
- City officials discuss ways to improve Tupelo Transit
- Sudduth Elem. celebrates completion of Leadership Pavilion
- Oxford Republican wins Mississippi Senate leadership post
- Free storm spotter class
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments