Update 4:51 p.m.- Sammy Wofford is now custody following the morning stabbing incident in Houston.
Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles confirms Wofford's mother surrendered her son into the county jail Tuesday afternoon.
The victim has been identified as Zacchaeus Davidson.
See the original post below.
HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Local and state law enforcement are looking for a man following a morning stabbing in Houston.
Officers are looking for Sammy Wofford.
The stabbing happened sometime before 10 a.m. at J&B Apartments in Houston, confirmed Houston Police Chief Billy Voyles.
The exact location is at 212 Talitha Street.
Voyles says the victim was stabbed in the back, close to the spine.
However, officers believe the victim will be okay. The victim was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo for treatment.
The police chief says Wofford and the victim know each other.
Wofford is accused of stealing the victim's vehicle this morning. The two got into an argument when Wofford returned, Voyles said.
Wofford is wanted by Houston police for aggravated assault. He's also wanted by the Mississippi Department of Corrections.
- UPDATE: Houston stabbing suspect now in custody
- UPDATE: Corinth shooting suspect in custody
- UPDATE: Kosciusko shooting suspects now in custody
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for Winona shooting
- UPDATE: Monroe County stabbing suspect arrested
- One in custody, one wanted for Houston strong-arm robbery
- Houston police looking for robbery suspects
- UPDATE: Houston police searching for shooter
- UPDATE: Street reopened following Houston flooding
- Fire destroys Houston home