HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Businesses are reminded to be careful and check money closely in Houston.
On Monday, the Houston Police Department posted a reminder to its Facebook page.
"We have gotten reports of counterfeit $100 and $20 bills being passed," police stated.
Chief Billy Voyles says that a 100 dollar bill and a 20 were found to be counterfeit over the last 5 days.
He is saying for people to be vigialent with the money people recieve and to check the watermarks to discover its legitimacy.
Victims are urged to contact the Houston Police Department at 662-456-2554.
- Houston police investigating reports of counterfeit money
- Okolona police warn of counterfeit money
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Booneville man charged with having counterfeit money
- Houston shooting incident under investigation
- No injuries reported in Houston house fire
- Columbus police investigate shooting report
- Bruce police investigate reported kidnapping
- Fire destroys Houston home
- Two arrested in counterfeiting case