HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Community leaders in Houston are looking into adding speed bumps to three neighborhood roads.
Scott Street, Pittsboro Street and Starkville Road are all being considered.
According to a Houston police officer, all three roads are in school zones.
The officer said parents who are speeding to drop off and pick up their children from school are a major part of the problem.
Homeowners in the community believe the speed bumps would be a great addition due to the number of children that live in the areas.
The officer said the topic was discussed during a board meeting at city hall recently, and now the administration is in the process of approving the addition.
- Houston considers adding speed bumps to roads
- Natchez Trace officials consider adding rumble strips
- Fire destroys Houston home
- REPORT: Oktibbeha County considers paving Longview Road
- Houston shooting incident under investigation
- Fire destroys motel in Houston
- Houston home destroyed in fire
- Houston Nutt refiles lawsuit against Ole Miss
- Houston Nutt, Ole Miss reach settlement