COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people were taken to the hospital after a house collapsed in Columbus.
City of Columbus spokesman Joe Dillon confirmed the incident happened Friday morning on 10th Avenue North.
He said three workers were trying to demolish the storm-damaged home.
The workers removed a load-bearing wall and the structure leaned and collapsed, Dillon said.
Neighbors said no one had been living in the home before the storm in March.
- House collapses in Columbus, two people taken to hospital
- Columbus crash sends four people to hospital
- Columbus wrecks send two people to the hospital
- Crash in Columbus sends two people to the hospital
- House destroyed in Columbus fire
- Blaze damages house in Columbus
- Columbus wreck sends 2 to hospital
- Columbus traffic accident sends driver to hospital
- Columbus collision sends bicyclist to hospital
- Two people wanted for shoplifting in Columbus