TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Democratic candidate for governor Jim Hood held a campaign rally at the Tupelo Furniture Market on Thursday evening.
Hood, who is from Chickasaw County, said he needs to win northeast Mississippi to win the election.
“Especially because I'm from here, it's just a blast to come here,” Hood said.
He said he visited downtown Tupelo to see familiar sites.
"It's just great to be here with home folks."
Hood, who is the current attorney general, is seeking to win the state's top job. He's competing with seven other candidates in the Aug. 6 Democratic primary election.
- Jim Hood hosts campaign rally in Tupelo
- Jim Hood talks about president's rally, says people have already decided on their votes for governor
- UPDATE: AG Jim Hood to make announcement Wednesday in Houston
- AG Jim Hood says he's running for governor
- Poll shows close race between Jim Hood and Tate Reeves
- Jim Hood calls for preschool, teacher pay, higher K-12 spending
- AG Jim Hood thanks Mississippians as his fourth term comes to an end
- Disturbance at Hood election event
- Sturgis hosts annual motorcycle rally