Update: 8:30 a.m. - Police have arrested and charged a man with murder following the shooting death of a Chickasaw County man, according to Okolona Police Commander Rahn Giddens.
Christopher James is facing a first degree murder charge and was arrested Tuesday night, according to police. James is accused of the shooting death of Tracey Baskin at his home in Okolona Tuesday evening.
James is expected to appear before a judge sometime Wednesday, according to police.
OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is dead in a shooting at his home, and law enforcement in Chickasaw County are looking for a person of interest in the case.
Sheriff Jim Meyers says he responded to the scene Tuesday evening on Chenault Street in Okolona.
He was not ready to release the name of the victim but estimated the victim was in his 40s.
Meyers was also not ready to release the name of the person of interest in the case.
- Okolona Police: Man arrested in homicide investigation
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Columbus police arrest suspect in homicide investigation
- Columbus police investigate homicide after body discovered
- UPDATE: Man wanted for Okolona shooting arrested in Minnesota
- Ousted Okolona police chief to appeal ruling
- Former Okolona police chief passes away
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- Okolona police warn of counterfeit money