BELMONT, Miss. (WTVA) - A home in Tishomingo County is considered a total loss after a fire destroyed it Thursday evening.
Firefighters with multiple departments were called to the home on County Road 864.
Wanda Rogers and her husband own the home.
The two women that lived inside were renting, and made it out alive with their two dogs before the home was engulfed.
They were unharmed but unfortunately their two cats were left behind.
Four different local fire departments responded to the fire as well as the Belmont police and sheriff's office.
Volunteer firefighters worked endlessly to control what they could and keep everyone safe.
The two women who lived inside didn't want to speak on camera but tell me they are shocked thankful they're okay.
Firefighters decided to let the home burn, and that could last for hours.
- Home burns in Tishomingo County fire
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified
- MDOC home visit leads to arrest in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Electric issue likely cause of Tishomingo County plant fire
- Mower taken from Tishomingo County business
- State investigates Tishomingo County teacher termination
- Duo face drug charges in Tishomingo County
- MHP: No injuries in Tishomingo County wreck
- Another burglary arrest made in Tishomingo County