OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Lafayette County Chief Deputy John Hall has been appointed as the interim sheriff for Lafayette County.
This comes after the passing of Sheriff Buddy East during the weekend.
The Board of Supervisors temporarily named Hill as interim during the weekend. He will be sworn in Wednesday morning.
He will fill the remainder of East’s term until December 2019.
Hill has served with the Lafayette County Sheriff’s Department for 25 years.
- Hill appointed interim sheriff in Lafayette County
- Mississippi county appoints interim sheriff
- Governor appoints interim MDOC commissioner
- Monroe County supervisors name interim sheriff
- New sheriff appointed amid scandal
- Webster County supervisors remove interim tag from current sheriff
- EMCC names interim president
- Gov. Bryant appoints Eupora native as interim executive director of the MS Division of Medicaid
- Webster County supervisors must appoint new sheriff following arrest
- EMCC names Young interim president