LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Work on Highway 45 in Lee County is nearing the end.
This is between Brewer Road and Pine Grove Road in Lee County, states the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
Traffic cones have remained in place along the highway for months, causing traffic delays at night.
MDOT District 1 Engineer Mark Holley says the contract on the work ends in spring 2018, but commuters can expect an open roadway in the next few weeks, weather permitting.
The roadwork began in the summer with alternating lane closures throughout the time period.
- Highway 45 road work nearing end
- MDOT: Highway work begins near Brooksville
- Road work expected to end today in Oktibbeha County
- Oxford road work begins today
- Hood investigates road project near Reeves' subdivision
- 18-wheeler runs off road near Okolona
- Troopers: 18-wheeler goes off road near Myrtle
- UPDATE: Troopers work 18-wheeler rollover near Shannon
- UPDATE: Highway 12 reopened after crash near Ackerman
- UPDATE: Troopers: Welfare check shuts down Highway 45 Alternate near Crawford