JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Supreme Court has denied a request to rehear its ruling in a Grenada County capital murder case.
Terry Pitchford, 32, is on death row in the 2004 shooting death of Ruben Britt.
Britt was shot multiple times during the robbery of the Crossroads Grocery.
nvestigators say Britt was shot with a gun he kept at the store for protection.
The weapon was found in Pitchford's car when he was arrested.
Pitchford is claiming he should have received a more thorough competency hearing by the trial court.
The hearing had been ordered by the Mississippi Supreme Court.
The state's highest court upheld the ruling in October and denied a request to rehear the case today.
- High court denies appeal for Pitchford
- Court denies rehearing in sexual battery appeal
- Appeal of life sentences denied by state Supreme Court
- Judge denies appeal request for local inmate
- Conviction appeal denied for Chickasaw County man
- Appeal in Tippah County manslaughter case denied
- Appeals court upholds drug conviction
- High court says no to Lowndes capital murder appeal
- State's high court rejects another appeal by Flowers
- Court upholds ruling in capital murder appeal