VARDAMAN, Miss. (WTVA) - A woman said a strong wind ripped a porch from her home in Vardaman, forcing the family to spend the night elsewhere.
Bobbie Willis said it was around 6:30 p.m. Wednesday when the wind and rain started blowing very hard at her home on County Road 448.
She thought she heard something else happening outside that got everyone inside to hide.
It turned out that sound was that of the porch coming off.
That exposed hot wires in the home and the family made the move to go to a hotel for the night.
A contractor spent Thursday repairing the home, which allowed the family to return safely.
- Heavy winds damage Vardaman home
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Vardaman man accused of trailer break-in
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted for Vardaman
- UPDATE: Missing Vardaman man found safe
- UPDATE: Bond set for Vardaman shooting suspect
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- UPDATE: Vardaman shooting suspect surrenders to police
- UPDATE: Accused Vardaman shooter back behind bars
- Sheriff: Vardaman man growing marijuana arrested