Photo Gallery 3 Images
Editor's Note: Click the blue links to view extra content.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Most of north Mississippi saw torrential rainfall, and flooding was a major issue Wednesday morning.
Calhoun County Sheriff Greg Pollan posted a video to his social media accounts of a flood rescue on County Road 210. He said this road is closed until further notice.
North Mississippi storm chaser Jonathan Gordon shared a photo of a sinkhole at My Classic Carwash on Highway 278 near Amory's Walmart.
Taylor Reeves shared a video of flooding in the Palmetto community of Lee County. The specific address is unknown.
WTVA Meteorologist Chelsea Brown shared a photo of flooding in Bruce.
WTVA Meteorologist John Dolusic shared flooding video from Chad Mills in Pontotoc.
Andrew Dees shared flooding video from Winona near the airport.
Webster County's District 5 supervisor said numerous roads were closed. Drivers are reminded to not drive around warning signs, and motorists need to heed the warnings.
Krissy Ayers shared a video of high water on County Road 308 in Big Creek.
- Heavy rainfall leads to flooding, rescue in north Mississippi
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- Rain floods several locations in north Mississippi
- Flooding forces closings, evacuation in north Mississippi
- Heavy rain floods some streets in Starkville
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Mississippi receiving federal highway money after floods
- Snell leads Kentucky past Mississippi State
- McCowan leads Mississippi State to SEC title
- McCowan leads Mississippi State over Clemson 85-61