Photo Gallery 3 Images
UPDATE 06/20/18 - Tupelo stabbing suspect now charged with attempted murder
See original post below.
TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A Baldwyn man is in custody following a stabbing incident in midtown Tupelo.
Near noon, police responded to the corner of Park Street and Jefferson Street near Crosstown.
Police confirm a 61-year-old man was wounded as a result. He's currently in surgery at the North Mississippi Medical Center.
Police say they have a man named Nicholas Tyus of Baldwyn in custody. The 33-year-old is expected to be charged with aggravated assault.
The motive is under investigation.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
- Police: Man stabbed in Tupelo
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- 3 wounded in East Tupelo shooting
- One wounded, one arrested following Tupelo shooting
- Sheriff: Man injured in Monroe County stabbing incident
- Tupelo Police investigate incident at convenience store
- Police continue investigation into New Albany stabbing incident
- Man dead, officer wounded in Alabama shooting
- Tupelo police officer arrested in weekend incident in Shannon