HAMILTON, Ala. (WTVA) – It’s Election Day in the State of Alabama as Roy Moore faces off against Doug Jones.
It’s the special election for Senate that has people up in the arms all across the country following the recent sexual allegations against Moore.
There’s been a steady flow of voters in Hamilton, Alabama, and many voters think the Republicans will lead the way.
As for the allegations against Moore, several commented about the time of the alleged incidents.
“It’s odd that it took them 40 years to come out. The man ran for office numerous times, then it came out like this,” said Gary Mixon.
“I’m voting for Doug (Jones) because I feel like he can do more for us in the country,” said Mattie Sarter.
The polls close at 7 p.m. WTVA’s Rebecca Butcher is following this story and will have updates throughout the day.
- Heated Senate race coming to an end in Alabama
- Democrat Doug Jones Wins Alabama Senate Race
- Poll shows tight race in Alabama for U.S. Senate seat
- Monday voter deadline in Alabama US Senate race
- Complaint filed over Alabama Senate Race and PAC donations
- Heat records eclipsed in Alabama
- Qualifying ends for Alabama elections
- Alabama Senate to debate lottery
- Counties sorting through write-in votes in Alabama U.S. Senate race