TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lee County Sheriff's Department was called to a fatal two-vehicle accident on County Road 300 Sunday afternoon.
Investigators confirmed one vehicle was traveling west, and the other vehicle was traveling east.
One vehicle went into oncoming traffic and struck the other vehicle head-on.
One vehicle was occupied by four people - the driver was killed and the other occupants were under the age of 10.
Two of the children were airlifted to Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis. The third child was transported to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
The wreck is under investigation.
- Head-on collision kills 1, sends 3 children to hospital
- Train collision sends truck driver to hospital
- Columbus collision sends bicyclist to hospital
- Shannon collision sends two to hospital
- Head-on collision kills 8 people in Kemper County
- Clay County collision kills one
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Collision kills young man in Winston County