HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - More volunteers are needed for the weekdays in the cleaning up of Hamilton, Mississippi after an EF-2 tornado came through town on April 14.
According to Monroe County Emergency Management Director Donna Sanderson, hundreds of volunteers have signed up, but the large majority can only help on weekends.
Several non-profit groups have been in town to help with cleaning up.
"Anyone who wants to come out and help call me, Sister Kennedy, we would love to have any volunteers it doesn't matter if you're from Hamilton or Columbus,” said Abundant Life Church Pastor Joseph Kennedy. “We will take all the help we can get right now."
If you are interested in volunteering, the volunteer center is located at the Abundant Life Church on Hamilton Rd.
- Hamilton tornado recovery in need of weekday volunteers
- Volunteers aid in Craig Springs tornado recovery
- Tupelo to close splash pads during weekdays
- Volunteers, churches help storm victims in Hamilton
- Reform, Alabama, continues recovery effort following tornado
- Iowa town welcomes Tupelo mayor to talk about tornado recovery
- Communities help aid tornado recovery in Craig Springs
- MHP assists with tornado recovery and property protection
- Crews close Hamilton railroad crossing
- Philadelphia tornado victims seek help after tornado