HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Hamilton High School teenager died Monday morning as a result of a wreck.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley says the accident happened sometime near 3:30 a.m. on Hamilton Road in Hamilton.
Gurley identifies the deceased as Andrew Steven Grimm, 17, of Hamilton.
Gurley says Grimm was traveling east on Hamilton Road when he lost control of the pickup truck he was driving and struck a tree.
He was wearing a seat belt, Gurley said.
Grimm was declared dead at the scene from multiple trauma.
The coroner says there were no other people in the vehicle and no other vehicles were involved.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the accident.
Gurley says Grimm was a junior at Hamilton High School.
- Hamilton teen dies in Monday morning wreck
- Noxubee County man dies during morning wreck
- Fulton man dies in Tupelo wreck
- Winfield, AL man dies in weekend wreck
- Japanese man dies in wreck near Guntown
- Man dies In Tishomingo County wreck
- Man dies after Lowndes County fatal wreck
- Woman dies in Pontotoc County wreck
- Woman dies in Calhoun County wreck
- Two hospitalized after Saturday morning wreck