HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Hamilton man was killed in a Thursday afternoon multi-car traffic accident.
The accident happened at approximately 12:18 p.m. at the intersection of Hamilton Road and Highway 45 at the traffic light.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley identifies the deceased as Charles Adrian Berry, 87.
The coroner says Berry was driving a car and was wearing a seatbelt.
Berry was dead at the scene from multiple trauma, Gurley said.
There were other injuries and one person was air-lifted from the scene. The Mississippi Highway Patrol is investigating the scene. Troopers are expected to release more information about the accident soon.
Gurley says this was the first fatality at this intersection since September 2011.
- Hamilton man killed in car accident
- Car accident claims life of Hamilton woman
- Coroner: Accident kills Caledonia man
- Tishomingo teen killed in car accident
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- Hamilton man wanted by Monroe County investigators
- Hamilton man charged with taking vehicle
- Hamilton man arrested for Lowndes County carjacking
- UPDATE: Hamilton man wanted in Lowndes County