TUPELO, Miss. (WTTVA) – A Guntown man has been sentenced following the death of a woman earlier this year.
On April 15, human remains were found near County Road 2350 near Saltillo. Those remains were later identified as Lynda Pope Reed, 38.
Lynda Pope Reed
The investigation led to David Wayne Fisher III being charged with murder.
On Thursday, November 9, Fisher entered a guilty plea to second-degree murder for the death of Reed, reports Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson.
Fisher was sentenced to 40 years with 25 of those years suspended and 15 years to serve day-for-day.
- Guntown man sentenced for death of Lynda Pope Reed
- UPDATE: Man faces sex crimes in Guntown
- Japanese man dies in wreck near Guntown
- Troopers respond to Guntown wreck
- Special football night for Guntown student
- Train cars derail in Guntown, no injuries
- Guntown PTO present check following "Jonah's Day"
- ATV wreck injures 2 riders in Guntown
- Man working at Pentagon on 9/11 speaks to Guntown students
- Color Run to help Guntown Middle build new multipurpose building