GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) - The Grenada Police Department will begin its body cameras program this week.
“I am enthusiastic about our purchase of body cameras, and I believe they will be available evidentiary tool helping officers support events, actions and statements,” said Grenada Police Chief Garrett Hartley.
He says the cameras will increase transparency.
The city council budgeted this item as a way of giving additional protection to Grenada officers and citizens.
- Grenada police rolling out new body cameras
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada County man's body found in a well
- Police: Man found dead in Grenada pool
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Third suspect arrested following Grenada shooting
- Two charged in Grenada County beating
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge