GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) - Five Grenada police officers were placed on administrative leave following the death of a 26-year-old man.
On November 29, Grenada police officers responded to a disturbance call on West Govan Street. Police took Robert Loggins into custody.
Loggins later died after being transported to the Grenada County jail.
Of the five officers on leave, three responded to the call. Two other officers transported Loggins to the jail.
According to the City of Grenada, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation is conducting a full and open investigation into the events of that evening.
The city is also conducting an internal investigation.
- Grenada police officers placed on administrative leave following death of man
- Police: Man found dead in Grenada pool
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- UPDATE: Man, woman found shot to death in Grenada County
- Three people charged in Grenada County man's death
- Man dies following officer-involved shooting in Grenada County
- Grenada police rolling out new body cameras
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- Report: UMMC-Grenada CEO to leave at end of month