WEST MEMPHIS, Ark. (WTVA) - A home intruder was shot and killed in West Memphis, Arkansas, police told WMC-TV.
The shooting happened shortly before sunrise Thursday.
Police officers responded to the scene and found a man dead inside a home, the Memphis TV station reports.
A woman at the home told police she and her boyfriend were sleeping when they heard the front door being kicked in.
The boyfriend grabbed a gun and investigated the noise, WMC-TV reports. When the boyfriend saw a man in his apartment, the boyfriend shot the man twice in the chest.
Police determined the shooting was in self-defense and no charges will be filed.
The TV station reports the intruder was identified as Bernard Bullins, 26.
He was originally from Grenada, Mississippi.
- Grenada native identified as home intruder shot, killed in West Memphis
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Grenada couple rescued from burning home
- Grenada student killed in weekend wreck
- Tupelo woman recounts tale of home intruder
- UPDATE: Dead identified in bus crash near Memphis
- UPDATE: Man, woman found shot to death in Grenada County
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting