GRENADA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man is dead following a shooting in Grenada Saturday afternoon.
It happened just after 4:30 p.m.
Grenada County sheriff's investigator Josh Dale said sheriff's deputies responded to the shooting in the 16000 block of Highway 51 North, which is 300 yards south of the county line.
Upon arrival, they found Jeff Counts, 46, dead from multiple gunshot wounds to the head.
The accused shooter, Gage Atkinson, 18, stayed on the scene.
Atkinson was arrested and has been charged with murder.
Dale said the shooting appears to be a domestic related situation.
The victim, suspect and two others were target shooting in the backyard.
An autopsy will be performed.
- Man charged with murder for Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting
- Grenada man arrested on child pornography charge
- Oxford police charge Grenada man with drive-by shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for Grenada murder suspect
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Third suspect arrested following Grenada shooting