Photo Gallery 1 Images
GRENADA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are behind bars in what Grenada County Sheriff Alton Strider calls a disturbing crime.
Investigators found a severely beaten woman last week tied up with an extension cord wrapped around her entire body in a closet.
Strider says a trade for sexual favors led to the victim being stuffed in a closet at a home on Ligon Road in Elliott.
He adds that Brandy Williams-Hyde confessed to the crime.
She now faces kidnapping, aggravated assault and possession of methamphetamine charges.
Sam Hearn is accused of beating the victim. He is charged with aggravated assault and possession of methamphetmaine.
According to Strider, the victim's condition is not known at this time.
A judge set bond for Williams-Hyde at $100,000 and for Hearn at $50,000.
- Grenada County sheriff arrests two in kidnapping, beating investigation
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Two charged in Grenada County beating
- Grenada police investigate deadly shooting
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- Investigators: Grenada man arrested for attempted rape, home invasion
- Wife of Grenada County sheriff injured in wreck
- Sheriff: Grenada County woman attacked, killed by dogs
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- UPDATE: Two arrested for fatal Grenada shooting