DUCK HILL, Miss. (WTVA) -- Three men have been charged with murder in the death of a Grenada County man.
It all started when deputies were called to a home around 5 a.m. on Sunday. They found blood and shell casings, but they could not find the body of Wille Hooper.
Around 1:30 Wednesday afternoon, the body of Hooper was found in a well, in the Duck Hill area of Montgomery County, Sheriff Alton Strider said.
Grenada, Montgomery, and state officials had to drain the well before they were able to recover his body, at Highway 404 West.
At this time, the sheriff is uncertain how Hooper was killed but said his deputies had been looking for him ever since he disappeared following the Sunday morning shooting at the McCain Estates.
Strider said Hooper's body has been sent to the state crime lab in Pearl for an autopsy.
As for the murder suspects, the sheriff is not releasing their names at this time.
Stay with WTVA 9 News as this story develops.
- Grenada County man's body found in a well
- Police: Man found dead in Grenada pool
- Grenada police rolling out new body cameras
- UPDATE: Man, woman found shot to death in Grenada County
- Four Shot In Grenada County
- UPDATE: Missing boater found in Grenada Lake
- REPORT: Grenada councilman indicted
- Grenada police investigate homicide
- Man's body found in Prentiss County
- Body found in Tippah County