WASHINGTON (WTVA) -- The U. S. Department of Transportation announces grants to replace 12 bridges in the state and help with the return of passenger train service from Mobile to New Orleans.
Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao announced the grants at the Coastal Region Transportation Summit in Biloxi today.
The grants include $16.9 million to replace 12 bridges in seven Mississippi counties. Attala, Tallahatchie and Yalobusha County are included in the list.
Another $4.3 million will be use to restart Amtrak service along the Mississippi Gulf Coast.
- Grants to help replace Yalobusha County bridge
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Indictment made in Yalobusha County bank robbery
- Five arrested for drugs in Yalobusha County
- 3 face felony charges in Yalobusha County
- Flooding forces closure of Yalobusha County road
- Burglary arrests made in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha Co. family worries rain threatens home