CORINTH, Miss. (WTVA) - Two people are accused of robbing an elderly woman in Alcorn County.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says his office received a report on November 12 that an elderly woman had been assaulted at a residence on County Road 400.
The investigation revealed the elderly woman had recently evicted her granddaughter, Heather Lollis, 36, of Corinth, and her granddaughter’s boyfriend, Brandon Smith, 23, of Corinth.
The sheriff says the two returned to the residence on November 9, but the elderly woman asked the two to leave.
Caldwell says the elderly woman attempted to call 911.
Smith is accused of taking the phone away from the woman and pushing her, injuring her.
The sheriff says Smith then took all the phones in the residence and the elderly woman’s purse and left the location.
Both Lollis and Smith were arrested by Alcorn County deputies on November 13. Both are charged with strong armed robbery.
- Granddaughter, boyfriend accused of robbing grandmother
- Woman accused of robbing, kidnapping Facebook friend
- Ex-boyfriend charged with domestic violence, assault
- Police: Woman stabs boyfriend in Tupelo
- Columbus woman arrested for allegedly shooting boyfriend
- Booneville woman arrested for boyfriend's stabbing
- UPDATE: Grandmother in custody for infant's death
- 19-year-old accused of robbing girl at gunpoint
- Woman is set on fire, live-in boyfriend sought
- UPDATE: Boyfriend arrested for shooting at girlfriend in Columbus