CALEDONIA, Miss. (WTVA) - A man faces formal charges by the grand jury after investigators say he shot at a preacher in July.
A Caledonia town marshal arrested James Garrett Taylor during a traffic stop.
Investigators say Taylor drove recklessly in the parking lot of Antioch Baptist Church.
A pastor approached him and Taylor drove to Jess Lyons Road. According to the indictment, Taylor then fired a shot at Billy McWilliams.
The Caledonia marshal tried to stop Taylor during a traffic stop, but investigators say he refused.
Once Taylor was pulled over, the marshal found a gun and a shell casing in his car.
The grand jury indicted him for aggravated assault.
- Grand jury indicts man accused of shooting at pastor
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Lowndes County grand jury indicts 2015 murder suspect
- Federal grand jury indicts man charged with using public Wi-Fi to download child porn