STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Indictments are handed up by an Oktibbeha County grand jury in a couple of high-profile cases.
Our news partner, the Starkville Daily News, reports Tommy Chisholm was indicted for capital murder and aggravated assault in the January 13 killing of optometrist Shauna Witt at Walmart.
The newspaper also reports former Parks and Recreation Director Herman Peters was indicted for embezzlement.
Peters is accused of conspiring with a former department employee to defraud the city.
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- 5th indictment made in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Report: 2nd person indicted in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Two more former Starkville Park & Rec. employees indicted