STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Indictments are handed up by an Oktibbeha County grand jury in a couple of high-profile cases.
Our news partner, the Starkville Daily News, reports Tommy Chisholm was indicted for capital murder and aggravated assault in the January 13 killing of optometrist Shauna Witt at Walmart.
The newspaper also reports former Parks and Recreation Director Herman Peters was indicted for embezzlement.
Peters is accused of conspiring with a former department employee to defraud the city.
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Starkville hires new Park and Recreation Director
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Report: 2nd person indicted in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Two more former Starkville Park & Rec. employees indicted
- 5th indictment made in Starkville Parks embezzlement case
- Starkville park vandalized
- Second grand jury declines to indict driver in death of 7-year-old Amiya Braxton
- Federal grand jury indicts man charged with using public Wi-Fi to download child porn