CARROLLTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A grand jury has indicted a man accused of killing his wife and two friends in Carroll County.
According to the Carroll County Sheriff’s Office, Michael Barnhill was indicted Tuesday for capital murder and aggravated assault.
Michael Martin Barnhill (Carroll County Jail)
Barnhill and his wife, Marlee Barnhill, were at the home of Jim and Brooks Harrell to celebrate Marlee Barnhill’s birthday, said Carroll County Sheriff Clint Walker.
The sheriff said Michael Barnhill became "drunk and belligerent,” and his wife and the Harrells discouraged his actions, causing Michael Barnhill to become "angry and combative."
- Grand jury indicts Winona man in death of wife and friends
- Report: Grand jury indicts man for school bus crossing death
- Grand jury indicts Water Valley daycare worker
- Report: Grand jury indicts mother for infant's death
- Grand jury indicts Eaton with death of off-duty trooper
- Man back in jail after grand jury indictments
- Grand jury indicts Harvey Weinstein in rape case
- Grand jury indicts accused Walmart shooter, former Starkville parks director
- Missing Winona man located
- Second grand jury declines to indict driver in death of 7-year-old Amiya Braxton