JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The governor has lifted Mississippi’s statewide burn ban.
The Mississippi Forestry Commission announced the ban lift at noon on Monday.
Gov. @PhilBryantMS has lifted the statewide #burnban, effective immediately. Individual county burn bans REMAIN. Visit https://t.co/rpXNTf2fSy for a list of active county burn bans. #MSforestry #wildfireprevention pic.twitter.com/WPeh1wnmLw
— MS Forestry Commission (@MSForestryComm) October 14, 2019
However, the burn bans for individual counties are still in effect.
These north Mississippi counties are listed on the state’s active burn ban list as of Monday:
- Governor lifts statewide burn ban
- Starkville lifts burn ban
- Mississippi Republicans sweep governor, 6 statewide offices
- West Point issues burn ban
- Hawaii considers first statewide ban on e-cigarette flavors
- City of Starkville issues burn ban
- West Point issues a burn ban
- Burn ban approved in Montgomery County
- Lee County now under burn ban