JACKSON, Miss (WTVA) -- Gov. Phil Bryant signed a state of emergency proclamation Tuesday night for eight counties in south and central Mississippi due to severe weather, a tornado and flash flooding on Dec. 27.
Bryant announced the proclamation on social media.
The counties include Clarke, Covington, Forrest, Jasper, Jones, Lauderdale, Perry and Wayne counties.
This will allow state assistance to get to the affected areas in a quick and efficient manner.
- Governor signs state of emergency proclamation for 8 counties
- Governor declares state of emergency amid Tropical Storm Gordon
- Governor declares state of emergency ahead of Tropical Storm Barry
- Alabama's governor signs abortion ban into law
- California governor signs bills limiting vaccine exemptions
- Alabama issues State of Emergency following storms
- State of emergency declared in Alabama
- Columbus School District declares state of emergency
- State representative to run for lieutenant governor
- Alabama governor signs gas tax increase into law