OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) – Gov. Phil Bryant has set an official date for a special election to fill the position of town marshal in Okolona.
The election will be held on Jan. 9, 2018.
Tommie Ivy, Sr. will be on the ballot as the Democratic Party nominee.
His son, Tommie Ivy, Jr., will be on the ballot as an independent candidate.
This comes after months of turmoil to fill the position.
- Gov. Bryant sets date for Okolona special election
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for U.S. Senate
- Myrtle Board of Aldermen set date for special election
- Gov. Bryant signs transportation funding act
- Bryant: Lottery a possibility in special session
- Special election set for vacant House seat
- Another special election set for Aberdeen
- Gov. Bryant chooses new Lauderdale County Court judge
- Medical building named for Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant
- Gov. Phil Bryant to chair Tenn-Tom Waterway Dev. Authority