OKOLONA, Miss. (WTVA) – Gov. Phil Bryant has set an official date for a special election to fill the position of town marshal in Okolona.
The election will be held on Jan. 9, 2018.
Tommie Ivy, Sr. will be on the ballot as the Democratic Party nominee.
His son, Tommie Ivy, Jr., will be on the ballot as an independent candidate.
This comes after months of turmoil to fill the position.
- Gov. Bryant sets date for Okolona special election
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for U.S. Senate
- Myrtle Board of Aldermen set date for special election
- Gov. Bryant signs transportation funding act
- Another special election set for Aberdeen
- Bryant: Lottery a possibility in special session
- Appeals end, Okolona town marshal special election to be re-held
- Okolona police investigate shooting
- Gov. Bryant chooses new Lauderdale County Court judge
- Medical building named for Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant