TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Harlem Globetrotters' "Hoops" Green stopped in Tupelo Friday as an ambassador of Goodwill.
Green visited Lawhon Elementary as part of the Globetrotters' national campaign to stop violence. She shared an important message with students about teamwork.
Green is the fifteenth woman to play with the Harlem Globetrotters in its 93-year history.
The Harlem Globetrotters will be at the BancorpSouth Arena on Jan. 21.
- Harlem Globetrotters' 'Hoops' Green stops in Tupelo
- Tupelo changes stops on one of its new bus routes
- Large amount of weed seized in Tupelo traffic stop
- Sheriff: Stop Stealing Stop Signs
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- MLK Day in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Tupelo ratifies transit contract
- Tupelo first pride parade