SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) - General Atomics in Shannon is expanding and creating 48 jobs.
On Wednesday, Gov. Phil Bryant made the announcement. This project is a $20 million private capital investment.
The expansion supports increased demands for airborne, maritime and land military lasers, as well as increased fabrication needs.
The expansion includes a 128,000-square-foot addition to an existing facility.
— Shanté Sumpter (@shantewtva9) March 14, 2018
The Mississippi Development Authority is helping with equipment costs. Lee County will provide property tax exemptions.
General Atomics currently employs 256 workers in Shannon. The new 48 jobs will be created during the next three years.
- General Atomics in Shannon expanding, creates jobs
- General Atomics adding new jobs in Lee County
- Iuka auto supplier expanding, creating jobs
- SMW expanding in Lafayette County, creating jobs
- Ajinomoto Foods expanding in Oakland, creating jobs
- Blauer Manufacturing expanding to Batesville, creating jobs
- Mattress maker expanding in Verona, creating jobs
- HomeStretch expanding in Nettleton, creating 71 jobs
- ABB expanding in Senatobia, creating jobs
- Superior Catfish expands in Macon, creating jobs