STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA)-The city of Starkville originally denied a permit to event organizers.
The board of Aldermen revisited the issue after a federal discrimination lawsuit was filed.
The permit was finally approved after a tie-breaking vote by Mayor Lynn Spruill
- First Gay Pride Parade in Starkville
- Starkville hosts pride parade
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Tupelo first pride parade
- REPORT: Suit filed to force Starkville to allow gay pride parade
- Starkville Pride plans lawsuit against city after parade denied
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride
- Starkville aldermen on list for 'Muzzle Awards' over pride parade vote