SMITHVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Highway 25 has reopened after a gas leak late Wednesday afternoon in Smithville.
Police Chief Darwin Hathcock says an 18-wheeler clipped a gas line at Industrial Street causing the leak.
Traffic was rerouted away from the area between Pecan Road and Smithville Road as Atmos Energy dealt with the problem.
- UPDATE: Highway reopened in Smithville after gas leak
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- Veterans Boulevard reopens after gas leak in east Tupelo
- Road reopened as crew works on Saltillo gas leak
- Highways in Smithville reopened after stuck big rig shut down traffic
- UPDATE: Smithville man reported missing found okay
- UPDATE: Union County highway reopened after mudslide
- UPDATE: Milford Street now open after gas leak in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Crews working to repair gas leak in Columbus
- Fire destroys Smithville grocery store