Photo Gallery 3 Images
STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Students at a Starkville school were evacuated Tuesday morning after a gas leak was detected on campus.
The campus at Armstrong Middle School was closed near noon and students were transported to the Starkville High School football stadium.
A gas leak was detected at Armstrong Middle School in Starkville.
The Starkville Oktibbeha Consolidated School District alerted the public and parents by posting information to its social media platforms.
Parents were able to go to the football stadium to check on their children and pick them up.
"We did have a small leak and it was not bad enough to cause any danger, but it was high enough for us to take the precautionary measures of evacuating the campus," School Superintendent Eddie Peasant said.
Atmos Energy crews started working to make the repair.
Peasant said school will resume Wednesday at the Armstrong Middle School campus.
If the school does not have gas, administrators will make other arrangements to provide lunches to students.
- Students evacuated from Starkville middle school due to gas leak
- Gas leak forces precautionary evacuation at Burnsville School
- Shannon Middle students evacuated due to blown transformer, no injuries
- UPDATE: Aberdeen school district dismisses early due to gas leak at high school
- Gas leak reported in Calhoun City
- Explosion in Bruce, murder or gas leak?
- Gas leak temporarily shuts down Saltillo Sonic
- School officials detect gas leak at Ackerman Elementary
- Crews repair gas leak at Shannon High School
- Reported propane tank leak in Verona causes residents to evacuate