TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - The Tupelo City Council listened to a pitch from Waste Management for a 10-year extension on Tuesday.
This new deal includes a price increase from $13.42 per unit per month to $14.12 per unit per month.
Waste Management is the only business who is pitching to be the city's garbage pickup crew now that its contract has come to an end.
The council listened to the pitch at a work session on Tuesday.
A decision from the city is expected to come in the next weeks, with the new contract to begin in October.
- Garbage pickup prices could rise in Tupelo
- Tupelo Transit System soon to be curbside pickup program
- WEB ONLY: Garbage truck delivers birthday surprise
- Pet service industry is on the rise in Tupelo
- Pack the Pickup: A Holiday Success
- Pickup truck crashes into roadside water
- Woman taken to ER after wreck involving garbage truck
- Ford recalls 2M pickup trucks; seat belts can cause fires
- Ford recalls 1.5M pickups that can downshift without warning
- Netflix prices are going up