PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Funeral arrangements have been set for a young girl who died after sustaining injuries during a boating accident at Smith Lake in Alabama.
The incident happened on Friday.
Two other children were injured.
Maggie Tackett, 12, just finished 6th grade at South Pontotoc School.
Her visitation will start at 1 p.m. on Thursday at Faith Outreach Church in Okolona with a celebration of life service at 3 p.m.
A private burial will follow.
Memorials in memory of Tackett may be sent to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital or Sanctuary Hospice House in Tupelo.
- Funeral services set for young girl killed in boating accident
- Girl treated after boating accident in Aberdeen
- Funeral services set for Alabama officer killed in crash
- Funeral arrangements set for longtime journalist
- Funeral arrangements set for Oxford teacher
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective
- Funeral arrangements set for Ace Cannon
- Tuesday crash kills young woman
- Local girl dead, two other children hurt in Alabama boating accident
- Deputies: Girl, 15, killed in Alabama hunting accident