TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Funeral services are set in Tuscaloosa for a police officer who was killed in the line of duty.
A memorial is planned for noon Sunday for investigator Dornell Cousette, who was shot to death while trying to make an arrest on Monday.
The funeral will be held in the gymnasium of Shelton State Community College, and burial will follow in Cousette's hometown of Aliceville.
Cousette was fatally wounded after following a suspect into a house. A suspect is in custody, charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting.
The 40-year-old Cousette is survived by two daughters and his fiance. He was a military veteran and had been with the Tuscaloosa Police Department for 13 years.
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- Funeral services set for Alabama officer killed in crash
- Hundreds throng funeral for slain Biloxi police officer
- Funeral services set for young girl killed in boating accident
- Funeral services set for Chickasaw County Deputy Jeremy Voyles
- Alabama police capture suspect; 1 officer slain, 2 wounded
- Funeral arrangements set for longtime journalist
- Funeral arrangements set for Oxford teacher
- Funeral arrangements set for Tupelo police detective
- Funeral arrangements set for Ace Cannon