KIRKWOOD, Mo. (AP) — The funeral of a University of Mississippi student found shot to death last week has been held in her suburban St. Louis hometown.
Family and friends gathered Saturday at Concordia Lutheran Church in Kirkwood to memorialize Alexandria “Ally” Kostial. The 21-year-old student’s body was found the morning of July 20 near a lake about 30 miles (50 kilometers) from the university’s Oxford, Mississippi, campus.
Another Ole Miss student, 22-year-old Brandon Theesfeld of Fort Worth, Texas, is charged with murder in Kostial’s death.
Surveillance video released by officials in Oxford shows Kostial alive and interacting with people outside a bar just hours before a deputy found her body near Sardis Lake.
- Funeral held in St. Louis suburb for slain Ole Miss student
- Family of slain Ole Miss student relieved by Wilbanks verdict
- Funeral services set for slain Alabama officer
- Ole Miss downs Saint Louis in Oxford Regional
- Hundreds throng funeral for slain Biloxi police officer
- Funeral held for hit and run victim
- Both Lee County runaways found in St. Louis
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Missouri wins over Ole Miss