IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - Iuka firefighters are being provided funds to purchase a new fire truck and equipment.
On Friday, U.S. Senators Roger Wicker and Cindy Hyde-Smith announced the award of $1.8 million in Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grants to fire departments in several cities, including Iuka.
The Iuka Volunteer Fire Department is receiving $140,954 to purchase the fire truck and $64,000 for 24 sets of personal protective equipment.
- Funds to help Iuka firefighters purchase truck, equipment
- Grant to help Grenada County with equipment purchase
- Iuka attorney disbarred from practice
- UPDATED: Bizarre gun suicide at Iuka Hospital
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Arrest expected soon following Iuka shooting
- Iuka facility plays part in Mars mission
- Iuka plans clean-up day on Saturday
- UPDATE: Missing Iuka teen found safe