FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - The mayor of Fulton apologized to the Board of Aldermen on Thursday in a special called meeting about a Saturday bar fight.
Barry Childers spoke at the meeting in front of dozens of Fulton citizens.
Fulton Police Chief Mitch Nabors confirmed the fight was between Childers and Itawamba County sheriff's deputy Andy Graham.
"I want to sincerely apologize for my actions,” Childers said. “It has never been okay to solve grievances in this way. I have great remorse for my behavior."
The meeting was also about restricting the use of the city-issued vehicle that the mayor had been given.
The aldermen said Childers had been using the vehicle for personal use, including at the bar.
A resolution was passed to permit the use of the vehicle during business hours during the week and for out-of-town conferences.
- Fulton mayor apologizes for weekend fight
- Police: Fulton mayor and sheriff's deputy involved in fight
- Witnesses recall bar fight in Fulton
- Fulton PD investigate Walmart thefts
- Fulton man faces meth charge
- Fire destroys house in Fulton
- Vehicle hits Fulton nail salon
- Fulton man dies in Tupelo wreck
- Crews to fix Fulton water tower
- Fulton police seeking funds for K9