WATER VALLEY, Miss. (WTVA) - Defeated Yalobusha County sheriff candidate Luther Folson filed a petition with the state Supreme Court in hopes that eventually it could lead to another election.
With 2,569 votes, Mark Fulco defeated Folson by two votes in the Nov. 5 general election, giving Fulco the sheriff’s position.
Folson and a representative sifted through 12 election boxes last week in an attempt to find irregularities in the voting.
They believe they found some. However, he would not provide further information.
They are waiting to see if the state Supreme Court will appoint a judge from outside of the area to look into the matter.
There is no word yet on how long that will take.
- Judge to make decision on challenged Yalobusha County sheriff election
- Former Yalobusha sheriff Defer passes away
- Woman missing in Yalobusha County
- Yalobusha County teen found safe
- Yalobusha County Sheriff's Office searching for missing teen
- Candidate to examine ballots in Yalobusha County sheriff's race
- Candidate for Yalobusha County sheriff is examining ballots
- Judge orders some voters to settle Yalobusha County sheriff's race