MACON, Miss. (WTVA) – Students with the Noxubee County School District will not attend school on Wednesday due to frozen pipes.
The Noxubee County School District says the cold temperatures caused the pipes to freeze at every school in the district.
Superintendent Roger Liddell says the decision was made to close the schools after the water pipes didn’t thaw out during the day Tuesday.
He says the schools will remain closed until the water situation improves.
- Frozen pipes force school closure in Noxubee County School District
- Frozen pipes close Noxubee County schools again Thursday
- Noxubee County School District holds public meeting
- State to take over Noxubee County School District
- Noxubee County schools working to improve education
- State may take over Noxubee County schools
- Noxubee County schools delay start Friday
- Noxubee County supervisor dies
- Takeover votes delayed on Humphreys, Noxubee schools
- Mississippi panel recommends takeover of Noxubee schools