OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Friends, family and fellow law enforcement are saying their farewell to long-time Lafayette County Sheriff Buddy East.
The late sheriff passed away over the weekend.
Long-term friends say he will be truly missed.
“Every time I saw him he would always wave or shake my hand; he’s really nice and friendly,” said Lawanda Jones.
“I just want to send my sincere condolences to the entire community because whoever tries to replace him it won’t work because he can’t be replaced,” said Annie Manning.
Funeral services have been set for Friday, October 14 at 11 a.m. at North Oxford Baptist Church.
- Friends, family and fellow law enforcement say their farewell to long-time Lafayette County Sheriff Buddy East.
- Funeral route set for Lafayette Sheriff Buddy East
- UPDATE: Funeral arrangements set for Sheriff Buddy East
- Farewell reception for Tupelo superintendent
- Law enforcement agencies, family remember off-duty trooper shot, killed
- Hill appointed interim sheriff in Lafayette County
- Two arrested in Webster County after law enforcement discovery
- Man killed by law enforcement during Neshoba County house fire
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of phone scam
- Alcorn County law enforcement look for break-in suspects