AMORY, Miss. (WTVA) - Severe weather season is approaching and what better way to prepare then by attending a storm spotter class.
The Skywarn storm spotter training program will be Monday from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in Amory at the Monroe County Government Complex.
The National Weather Service in Memphis and the Monroe County Emergency Management Agency is holding the event.
The program will discuss thunderstorm formation, severe weather production, and features associated with severe storms; storm observing, reporting procedures, and safety are also to be emphasized.
The program is free and open to the public.
- Free storm spotter class
- Weather spotter class set for Tupelo
- Monroe County to host storm spotter training program
- Lee County to host storm spotter training this week
- Storm spotter training gives more eyes on the skies
- Inaugural class at LeBron James' school to receive free tuition to Kent State
- Free legal clinics upcoming
- Schools in Prentiss, Alcorn counties determine status of Tuesday's classes after weekend storm
- Students return to class after threat investigation
- Pine Grove wins Class 1A girls championship