MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WTVA) - Fred’s has announced it is closing 104 more stores, including several in north Mississippi.
Fred’s described these additional stores as “underperforming.”
This includes the following locations in Mississippi and Alabama:
- Amory - 905 Highway 278 E
- Corinth - 2040 E Shiloh Road
- Oxford - 1930 University Ave.
- Sardis - 401 E Lee St.
- Starkville - 605 S Jackson St.
- Tupelo - 1317 E Main St.
- Aliceville, Alabama - 105 Memorial Parkway West
These stores are expected to close by the end of June.
This announcement comes approximately one month after the company announced it was closing more than 100 stores across the country.
The April announcement included locations in Tupelo, Columbus, Aberdeen and West Point.
- Fred's to close more stores in north Mississippi
- Fred's continues to close stores, impacting much of north Mississippi
- Fred's to close several local stores
- Fred's Inc. files for bankruptcy, closing retail stores
- Express Rx buying some Fred's pharmacies in north Mississippi, Alabama
- North Mississippi Medical Center closings
- Flooding forces closings, evacuation in north Mississippi
- North Mississippi sees flooding
- Local Sears Hometown stores closing
- Fred Shelton sworn in as Columbus chief of police